The National Archives provides services of the virtual reading room VAU (the "Portal") pursuant to the laws of the Republic of Estonia and in accordance with the development plan and service standard of the National Archives and other interarchival legal instruments regarding customer service.
All services provided by the Portal are free of charge, except in cases where the fee has been enacted with legislation or imposed on separately with the directive of the State Archivist.
The user is required to follow all applicable laws and best practice when using the Portal.
The concepts occurring in this document are used in the following meaning:
Portal - the web environment www.ra.ee/vau/;
User - a natural person who visits the Portal;
User account - the registration and logon as a user which ensures the use of all services and functions of the Portal;
Administrator - a person in charge of Portal administration;
The user has the right to:
1) create only one user account for himself/herself in the Portal;
2) use all services offered in the Portal;
3) make suggestions to the administrator for improvement and development of the Portal.
The administrator is thankful for all improvement suggestions and takes them into consideration if possible.
The user is obliged to:
1) provide true personal data and valid contact details of himself/herself when creating and using the user account;
2) not to publish any advertisements, hostility-provoking or political announcements;
3) refrain from disparagement and discrimination against other users in every way;
4) not to disturb the privacy of other users and their possibilities of using the Portal comfortably;
5) refer to the archive at publication of archival materials;
6) follow the terms of Copyright Law in case of publication of archival materials protected by copyright.
The user acknowledges that he/she is aware of a person's right to inviolability of family and private life and takes responsibility for using the delicate and private personal data which he/she has accidentally learned from the archival sources available in the Portal, according to the valid legislation.
The administrator has the right to:
1) change and improve the functionality, structure and other elements of the Portal;
2) send messages to the users;
By creating a user account the user gives his/her consent to the processingof his/her personal data if it is necessary for the effective operation of the Portal and value-added user services.
The user can see and change all personal data that can be disclosed about him/her in his/her user account settings.
Copyrights of the links, databases, commentaries, etc. entered by the user into the Portal belong to their authors.
Rights of the databases and applications of the National Archives of Estonia available for use in the Portal belong to the National Archives of Estonia.
It is mandatory to refer to the archive at publication of archival materials.